Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 55 Plate 1.6Tdci
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
jeebowhite
After just hearing that we could be paying 1.80 p/l for fuel, it just got me wondering about wether or not I should try SVO! Has anyone ever used veggie oil in there focus and what was the outcome?
artscot79
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1298657572' post='115840']
After just hearing that we could be paying 1.80 p/l for fuel, it just got me wondering about wether or not I should try SVO! Has anyone ever used veggie oil in there focus and what was the outcome?
[/quote]

dont think about it mate my mates old passat diesel was knackered from doing just that and had to get scrapped some will tell you its okay but its not modern cars dont react well to it
ford focus edge
My mates old fezzy 1.8D (was about a 1993 k-reg mind) worked a treat on it and it stunk like a chippy lol newer diesels hate it though if you so much as fart near the engine they throw up issues :P and art for the love of god stop sticking crap to ur focus you'll slow it down! lol ;)
jeebowhite
hmmm thanks guys so maybe SVO is out of the question. How about bio-diesel then... I have read that it should be fine but has anyone tried it? there is a bio filling station near me at work by the looks of it, so might consider trying it, but want the confidence that my engine wont just fall over and cry if I do use it...
ford focus edge
Avoid it like plague guy at ford came in with a 2001 mk3 mondeo tdci that he used bio diesel in and it ate the fuel lines did the same on top gear to in a bmw 330d causes loads of damage its a case of like it or lump it i think my mazda drinks fuel im getting 34mpg at best :angry:
jeebowhite
hmmm so in that case there is no way to avoid this damn price increase coming up! oh well, I guess in this case I am going to have to lump it!

Full Colour Version: 55 Plate 1.6Tdci
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.