Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Break Warning Light In Rain
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Casper
I have a 2003 Reg Focus Zetec 1.6 Petrol it's done about 1013k miles, I'm the second owner and purchased the car when it only had 11k miles on the clock so know it's complete history.

Can't fault the Focus I love the car and have only had 2 problems with it over the last 7 years that I've owned it.

Recently I've noticed that if there is moderate to heavy rain whilst I'm driving her that my hand brake warning light will be illuminated ever so slightly on the dashboard. After a few days with no rain the light will disappear again until next time it rains.

I've had the car down the garage to have the brake pads etc checked out and they are all fine and well within their lifespan, there are no problems that I can tell when breaking, she brakes as I would expect her to, doesn't pull or shake.

All I can think of is it is some form of electrical/damp problem?!

Thoughts?

C.
catch
[quote name='Casper' timestamp='1298919510' post='116334']
I have a 2003 Reg Focus Zetec 1.6 Petrol it's done about 1013k miles, I'm the second owner and purchased the car when it only had 11k miles on the clock so know it's complete history.[/quote]

1,013,000 miles .......I'm impressed, surely after covering that kind of mileage it is allowed the odd eccentricity :D
RCJ
Averaging 147,000 miles a year! Bloody hell, thats some effort! :lol:
Dan62
[quote name='Casper' timestamp='1298919510' post='116334']
I have a 2003 Reg Focus Zetec 1.6 Petrol it's done about 1013k miles, I'm the second owner and purchased the car when it only had 11k miles on the clock so know it's complete history.

Can't fault the Focus I love the car and have only had 2 problems with it over the last 7 years that I've owned it.

Recently I've noticed that if there is moderate to heavy rain whilst I'm driving her that my hand brake warning light will be illuminated ever so slightly on the dashboard. After a few days with no rain the light will disappear again until next time it rains.

I've had the car down the garage to have the brake pads etc checked out and they are all fine and well within their lifespan, there are no problems that I can tell when breaking, she brakes as I would expect her to, doesn't pull or shake.

All I can think of is it is some form of electrical/damp problem?!

Thoughts?

C.
[/quote]

A glowing light does make it sound like a damp related issue, check around the brake fluid level switch that it is clean and dry.

D.

Full Colour Version: Break Warning Light In Rain
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.