Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Ka Electric Window Issue...
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Mike Wheeler
Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone might have come across this issue before.

My wife has an 07 plate Ford KA, and has had no problems with it at all in the 6 months or so she's owned it.

Recently however, the electric windows have developed an intermittent fault.

With or without the engine running, and with the driver's side door open the drivers' window opens, but the passenger side doesn't (from either switch). Shut the door, and neither window opens. Open the door again, and the driver's side window opens again.

I'm hazarding a guess this could be something wrong with one of the control modules in the car (and as such could well be a dealer re-programming job) but before we take it to a garage I wondered if anyone had come across this issue before?

Many thanks,

Mike
Dan62
Mike, as you open the door the wiring to it moves, it could be a broken wire or a connector that has come loose. You could try fooling the car to think the door is closed and see if the drivers window still operates.

D.
Mike Wheeler
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the response - by "fooling the car" I'm guessing you mean hold down the door-open switch in the door seal?

Many thanks & best regards,

Mike

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.