Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Air From Dash Vents
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
CJIB
Hello everyone,

I recently got myself a Ford focus Mk2 (2005) 1.6 TDCi with automatic climate control.

The problem is dat i cannot set the air to get out of the middle air vents.

The footwell and defroster work perfectly. I already got the radio out to check and i can't seem to find anything out of the ordinary..

Anyone know where i can look and solve this rather annoying issue?
bt_cav
Hi cjib,

I have a simmilar problem, In my case two parts the air duckting have separated, they are above the pedels so I am intending on gluing them togeather as I have put them back but they keep falling appart again.

try putting the fan on to middle air vents and feel around the pedels for any random blowing :D

Hope this helps
CJIB
[quote name='bt_cav' timestamp='1299061475' post='116545']
Hi cjib,

I have a simmilar problem, In my case two parts the air duckting have separated, they are above the pedels so I am intending on gluing them togeather as I have put them back but they keep falling appart again.

try putting the fan on to middle air vents and feel around the pedels for any random blowing :D

Hope this helps
[/quote]
That actually could be it.. When i put it on the middle air vents, i feel forced air blowing out of my footwell area as if i put my blower on my feet..
I will check this out and let you know!
CJIB
Can you tell me where i should look? I tried looking underneath the dashboard near the pedals (left hand drive)and can't seem to find anything out of the ordinary.. Also it seems that the buttons to enable the dash vents or footwell do exactly the same: force air out of the footwell vents. Defrost is working fine.
bt_cav
Try following the air duckting from the footwell vents up under the dash, this will help you identify the air duckting, I removed the shelve below the steering wheel to get to mine (mk1 focus <04>) Maybe remove the radio if its easy enough and follow the duckting, try leaving the fan on in the center vent possition hopefully you will find the two parts that have come appart. Make sure you have a small bright LED torch, it will help :)

Best of luck, let us know how you get on

Full Colour Version: No Air From Dash Vents
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.