Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turbo Cutting Out
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Marelliott8
Help!!!! I have an 2002 2.0 TDCI Mondeo Ghia Estate.When I put my foot down the glow plug lights up and I have no turbo boost and very little power. If I switch the engine off wait 10 seconds and then turn it on again it starts fine with no glow plug light on but as soon as I accelarate and the turbo cuts in it cuts out again.My normal garage has plugged it into a diagnostic progam and cannot find anything, They even had the same model next to mine and the readings from the diagnostic computer were exactly the same and the other one runs perfectly. My garage mentioned that it appears to be overboosting because the revs rise when I change gear. The car is still driveable but it is a pain not being able to put my foot down to overtake other road users. Has anybody had this fault and if they have what did they do to repair it.
jeebowhite
I saw this on my 2005 focus 1.6TDCI - Turned out to be a fuel filter, so worth checking that first, and replace as necessary.
Marelliott8
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1299237571' post='116857']
I saw this on my 2005 focus 1.6TDCI - Turned out to be a fuel filter, so worth checking that first, and replace as necessary.
[/quote]
Thanks. I will try that. The funny thing is when the car is started from cold in the morning it is fine and goes like a missle but as soon as it warms up even a tiny bit the problems start.
jeebowhite
[quote name='Marelliott8' timestamp='1299238772' post='116860']
Thanks. I will try that. The funny thing is when the car is started from cold in the morning it is fine and goes like a missle but as soon as it warms up even a tiny bit the problems start.
[/quote]

Mine was exactly the same, on a cold engine I could rev up to 3500 no issues, but further down the motorway (this was in the snowy days) I would put my foot down, and all of a sudden lost power, then the engine just cut out, I could restart and drive cautiously (keeping the engine below 2000 revs) and I had no issues, but then put my foot down and bye bye engine!
mintalkin
your car is going into 'limp home mode'there should be a code stored in the ecu so perhaps try another garage with a different code reader,a common cause of loss of power when warm is the cam sensor,but as i say their should be a code stored.
jeebowhite
[quote name='mintalkin' timestamp='1299253752' post='116884']
your car is going into 'limp home mode'there should be a code stored in the ecu so perhaps try another garage with a different code reader,a common cause of loss of power when warm is the cam sensor,but as i say their should be a code stored.
[/quote]

I could be wrong but isnt the EML light assosciated with Limp Home Mode?
Marelliott8
[/quote]
Thanks. Basically it could be anything from fuel to cam sensor and all items between. It looks like I am going to have to take it to a Ford dealer and get it plugged into a diagnostic machine but they charge about 100.00 around my area.
Marelliott8
[/quote]
When it goes into tractor mode my normal garage plugged a diagnostic machine in and got nothing. They had 2 Mondeos (one was mine and the other another customers)next to each other and the codes were the same and the other Mondeo ran perfectly

Full Colour Version: Turbo Cutting Out
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.