Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hissing noise
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
matt b
hi all ive got a focus st170 and its developed a hissing noise a few seconds after you change gear and it also does it sometimes just when your diving along as well. it sounds like its coming from the dash but i suspect its on the engine bay side of the bulkhead, could the gearchange thing be related to the noise?? im proper puzzled with it

and also my revs have started to stick aswell ive checked the peddle is not sticking and its fine could this be something to do with the throttle body????
Matt_focus_zetec
have you got a dump valve that may have failed or soemthing along hte lines of that

Matt
matt b
no mate i aint got a dump valve

matt
mintalkin
check for any loose or split boost/turbo pipes
Matt_focus_zetec
Or long shot turn ur steering full lock as hard as you can see if it makes it then my charlottes fiesta does that makes some strange noise come to think of it so does my focus and the dump valve was just to rule it out

Matt

Full Colour Version: hissing noise
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615