Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiesta 1996 heater
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
gladers
Hi i have a 1996 fiesta and the heater was only blowing cold air i by passed the heater sensor valve in the engine and had hot air by the bucket loads. Bought a new heater sensor and although now blowing hot air could not change it to cold. I fitted a replacement heater panel inside in case this was the issue and now back to blowing cold only.....cant win!!
I assume the heater valve is operated by varying the voltage on the heater valve plug via the panel in the car so can anyone tell me the voltage expected on the valve plug, i did check this sometime back and it was at 7.5v and would not vary. Its a long shot but iv been cooked and frozen more times than David Attenborough.. :rolleyes: .... its got to be something simple. Thanks
mintalkin
with the ignition on it should read 12 volts when set to hot and drop when set to cold.
gladers
[quote name='mintalkin' post='6704' date='Oct 26 2008, 05:39 PM']with the ignition on it should read 12 volts when set to hot and drop when set to cold.[/quote]

Thanks for the info i will check out the voltage :D

Full Colour Version: Fiesta 1996 heater
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615