Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tyre Dressing
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Detailing your Ford
Beedubz
Hi,
New to the forum, I have just bought a new S max titanium x ecoboost powershift, in silver, cant wait to pick it up next week. I have just been reading about diamond bright, and am wishing i didnt say yes. I havent paid for it which is a bonus.

Can you recommend a decent tyre dressing , i have always used autoglym products but I find the dressing gets all over the wheels and sideskirts of previous cars. Is there anything i can use that will stay on the tyre?

Thanks

I will post some pics once i get it
DanGull
I use Megs Endurance - I find the Autoglym version a pain to apply.

Regarding diamondbrite - ask the dealer to let you have the kit and apply it yourself.
Beedubz
I will do , i am a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning so I will defo do a better job. Is it the same stuff that comes in the kit they give you?

Yeah autoglym tyre dressing is a pain. I will get some Megs, thanks for the fast reply.

Nice motor by the way
Gazjs
Another vote for Megs. Apply it thinly and you wont get any spray up the sides.
haldenby
I quite like the AG but then again, I've never used megs...
mr pompey
i use Sonus Tire & Bumper Dressing
Gary Maxreflect
Megs ENdurance either gel or spray, both fantastic , always use them instead of Autoglym for the wheels and tyres
Danny87
I brought some of the Tesco own brand 'Back to Black' and, well, it was awesome!*

*No it wasn't, it was awful. So I'll be getting a better brand next time :P lol

Dan
Fifirose
[quote name='Beedubz' timestamp='1299429606' post='117192']
Hi,
New to the forum, I have just bought a new S max titanium x ecoboost powershift, in silver, cant wait to pick it up next week. I have just been reading about diamond bright, and am wishing i didnt say yes. I havent paid for it which is a bonus.

Can you recommend a decent tyre dressing , i have always used autoglym products but I find the dressing gets all over the wheels and sideskirts of previous cars. Is there anything i can use that will stay on the tyre?

Thanks

I will post some pics once i get it
[/quote]
Fifirose
Congratulations on your new motor...nice one!! I Diamondbrited my Red Fiesta on the day that she was 3 years old, my friend got her car done at a garage, but I spent 20 quid on ebay on the 2 bottles of stuff and did it myself (My car is a 51 reg). She has never lost her original shine (in fact I think that several times I have managed to get her even shinier than Ford ever did!). I use Turtlewax Tyre Gel on her tyres, with a curved plastic-backed black sponge (looks similar to a shoe brush) that I bought from Halfords years ago. The gel soaks into the sponge and gives a great effect on my tyres and keeps them dust free in between washes. In fact I've abandoned most Autoglym products and gone back to Turtle which I used on my Mk3 Fiesta in the past.
Gary Maxreflect
Try the endurance or the hotshine tyre spray, meguiars even do an applicator pad for them, I've been detailing for years and it's the best stuff
GRAHAM46
I use Meguiars Endurance and just cut up a cheapo sponge to apply it.

Graham
JohnMartyn
I have the answer to your problem. Maguires Hot Shine ! I was consulting a detailer today as to which is the best dressing.I also find that if you let dressing cure on the tires for a few hours before driving the car the sling is reduced or even eliminated in most cases.

Full Colour Version: Tyre Dressing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615