Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus 1.8 Tdi 2007
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
cheshirelad1976
Hi, I have a 2007 Diesel Focus, I am experiencing problems when accelerating! If I bimble along the car runs fine as soon as I put my foot down and go over 3000RPM the car starts bunny hopping! If you take it steady you can sometimes drive through it and get above the 3000RPM. This has been happening for sometime so I'm happy its not a fuel problem! Any ideas??
stef123
[quote name='cheshirelad1976' timestamp='1299624853' post='117550']
Hi, I have a 2007 Diesel Focus, I am experiencing problems when accelerating! If I bimble along the car runs fine as soon as I put my foot down and go over 3000RPM the car starts bunny hopping! If you take it steady you can sometimes drive through it and get above the 3000RPM. This has been happening for sometime so I'm happy its not a fuel problem! Any ideas??
[/quote]

when was the fuel filter last changed?
cheshirelad1976
[quote name='stef123' timestamp='1299628912' post='117553']
when was the fuel filter last changed?
[/quote]

Hi Stef123, thanks for your reply, it had a major service about 18 months ago. I dont use the car all that often it can stand idle for several weeks at a time to be honest. I am gonna service it this weekend so i'll give that a go!! If it works i will let you know! Thansk for the reply.
stef123
[quote name='cheshirelad1976' timestamp='1299663671' post='117578']
Hi Stef123, thanks for your reply, it had a major service about 18 months ago. I dont use the car all that often it can stand idle for several weeks at a time to be honest. I am gonna service it this weekend so i'll give that a go!! If it works i will let you know! Thansk for the reply.
[/quote]

i still suspect a partially blocked fuel filter, will be great if you let us know mate :)

all the best,
stef

Full Colour Version: Focus 1.8 Tdi 2007
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615