Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Break Pad Help
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
The_Guru
Hi everyone,

Recently my breaks have started sqeeling, I don't think they need replacing because it's more of a grinding noise but has anyone got any ideas/suggestions on what to do or how to check?

Thanks
fiesta_lad
[quote name='The_Guru' timestamp='1299776075' post='117805']
Hi everyone,

Recently my breaks have started sqeeling, I don't think they need replacing because it's more of a grinding noise but has anyone got any ideas/suggestions on what to do or how to check?

Thanks
[/quote]

If your getting a grinding noise this means the pads are worn and and if your hearing a grinding noise your propbaily need to replace the disc best thing to do is check the break fluid level if that is down this can be cause by worn pads next thing to check do a visual check on the pads and check the runout on the disc. what normally happens when your pads get worn is the break fluid will drop but once you replace the pads pump the breake pedal the fluid will rise again.
jeebowhite
Squealing tends to be vibration related. if you have sufficient pad left, then buy yourself a tube of "Copper Grease".

Take the wheels off, and remove the breakpads, then copper grease all points of contact between the calliper and the break pad (top and bottom "clip" parts [front and back also]), also copper grease the callipers, and the piston ring that contacts the break pad. I did this and resolved my little "squeal".

Full Colour Version: Break Pad Help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615