Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: N00B Q
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
qwerty1982
Hi there,
New member and new Focus owner here.
I have had a good look around the forum but I must have missed the simple bit that I need. My front drivers side head light has gone, can any one tell me which type of bulb it is ... H4 etc etc

Thank you
andy_1984
it tells you on the bulb which one it is. simples. but yes, H4
ToolBox
Depends on yr of manufacture it may be an H7, mine are, check the bulb, it saves any hassle and they are quite expensive.
Regards Brian
qwerty1982
Really???
Crap sorry to have hasled you all... but thank you for your replys.
jeebowhite
Go to Halfords, and just take a look at there "headlight guide" - they will tell you which set to use (even if you dont buy them you can confirm it there) otherwise look in the manual, I think it says it in there!
johnH
im not sure but i think halfords might be still doing that offer of buy one get one free (BOGOF) on the super brilliance. so about 20. i always change in pairs aswell, as when one goes it puts strain on the other as all the current is going to that one.

i just found it wierd that you have to take the headlight unit out to change a bulb :s mind you its only one screw and 2 clips.
mjt
[quote name='johnH' timestamp='1299836531' post='117924']when one goes it puts strain on the other as all the current is going to that one[/quote]

No, it doesn't!
johnH
its what i was told and i see it more often then enough... when one bulb is out on cars i notice the brightness of the other increase.
qwerty1982
Sorry, should have advised I do not have a manual for the car, some thing i need to buy.

Is there some where I can find out which type of oil I need for it please?

its a 2002 model.

Thanks again for all your help.
johnH
i used 5w-30 in mine, which is a 1.8TDCi 2006 diesel. if you go to the halfords website, go to the oils section, put your registration and it will advise you.
andy_1984
[quote name='qwerty1982' timestamp='1299787241' post='117852']
Really???
Crap sorry to have hasled you all... but thank you for your replys.
[/quote]

no hassle, here are free focus owner manuals: http://www.focusplanet.com/
qwerty1982
[quote name='andy_1984' timestamp='1299843276' post='117938']
no hassle, here are free focus owner manuals: http://www.focusplanet.com/
[/quote]

Wow cheers for that mate, just what i need :o)

Full Colour Version: N00B Q
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.