Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus 2.0 Tdci Tuning?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
mercerft
I'm maybe looking to get a 2.0 TDCI soon. I know a lot about ST170s lol but nothing about TDCIs so treat me like a newbie! I know the 2.0 TDCI is about 130bhp and I've read remapping is the best thing to do along with decat and a decent panel filter.

What mods are best and what power can I expect?
Leemaxd
Hello these lot will prob give you a good detailed answer on this www.tdocuk.com
jeebowhite
Depending on the year of the car, depends if it has the "Diesel Particulate Filter" - if it has this, then you could look at removing it, but if you removed the cat, you probably would have seen the DPF, but its always worth checking.

Definitely look at a better Induction Kit, and if you wanted to spend a few quid, you could always upgrade the turbo. Remapping is the best way to go though!
stef123
i think the big question is, how much money do you have to spend?

if you look at a bluefin remap - you could see an extra 30% power and a massive increase in torque but it will cost you £400 unless you can pick one up second hand..
mercerft
Thanks for the info. First thing I'm going to do is get some st alloys on it and lowering springs. Will then remap it and look at getting a decat on it.

Full Colour Version: Focus 2.0 Tdci Tuning?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615