Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accelerator Possible Sticking?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
qwerty1982
Hi,

Just got my Focus Zetec 2002 the other day. After a few days driving it, i feel that when i change from 1st gear to 2nd, the rev's dont drop straight away meaning you get that high rev sound as you get into the next gear.... make sense? Is this a common fault? Easy fix? Or is it just my bad driving?
H3lly
Does the pedal stick? like when you lift off does it take long for the revs to to go down? and do you have to move the pedal to come back to its resting position?
qwerty1982
Hi, no the pedal does not stick, it moves freely. It literally is only a matter of nano seconds that it seems to take to drop, but jsut seems slower than any other car that i have driven.
To start I thought it was just me getting used to driving it but even if not changing... just outting my foot on the clutch and bringing the accelerator up... you can hear the rev's stay for a moment before droppintg again.
Its not a massive issue, just didnt know if common or if there is any thing i can tweak :o)
jeebowhite
Give the car a good service, it could also be a sensor malfunctioning, as you take your foot off, the sensor hasnt caught up. could be oxygen or MAF sensor...

Full Colour Version: Accelerator Possible Sticking?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.