Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Passenger Door Locking Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Limehouse
Hi there i have a Ford Focus Mk1 1.6 Petrol 3Dr, a problem occured this morning that i hadn't noticed before. When i lock my car via remote or key only the driver side door will lock, indicators flash as if everything is normal however if i walk around to the passenger door i can just simply open it. I can't lock it from the inside either as the button seems jammed and obviously only driver side door has a key lock and the passenger door still opens asif its not locked. I have taken it to various garages and they seem to be money hungry and wont even look at it without 20 i was wondering if there was any kind people willing to help..

All comments appreciated. Sam.
jeebowhite
Could be a frozen locking mechanism. Somewhere on the forum, someone had this issue on there driver door, take a look on the ford focus side of the forums and you could find the answer / suggestions to take a look at! If I can find the link I will post it...

Here it is: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18343&st=0&p=111106&hl=+door%20+lock&fromsearch=1&#entry111106
Limehouse
Appologise for the thread being in the wrong section, thanks for the link.
jeebowhite
[quote name='Limehouse' timestamp='1299865704' post='118003']
Appologise for the thread being in the wrong section, thanks for the link.
[/quote]

Im sure we can forgive you, but it might cost 20... lol

Well I hope that it helps, and saves you a few more quid!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.