Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyway Of Improving Performance
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
messsi
hey there, iam looking into a way of improving my performance of my car its a 1.6 mk 2 focus. im not looking for pointless chavvy' performance unless it actuallly works (exhaust, induction) an anyways of improving fuel eco if tits possible to improve both performance an eco?!

thanks John
lockstien
I've heard of a chip upgrade called Bluefin which might be what you're looking for. Haven't got it myself but some people on here will probably be able to give you more info.
jeebowhite
You can always look at "tuning boxes" they can give good torque lower down the revs (they can also improve your MPG), so this is a good place to start. you can change the settings so you can have the higher settings = more power, less MPG, or you can go lower down the settings which is more eco less power. They only "trick" the ECU into injecting more / less fuel.

Upgrading the likes of the exhaust can give you up to another 15bhp, the induction kit could probably give you another 20-30 so, these are things that can help, but it all depends on wether you want to sacrifice your fuel, as these will pretty much reduce your average MPG.

Full Colour Version: Anyway Of Improving Performance
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615