Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: heated windscreen
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
alz
Hi I have a Ford Focus 2005 1.8 LX TDCI, And have just changed my windscreen for a heated windscreen, I have fitted a relay, switch and two 40 amp fuses, and all the wiring is there but can not get it working, someone told me that I need to get it programed to use the heated windscreen,,, Can any one tell me if this is right..

Thanks
ade123
[quote name='alz' post='6807' date='Oct 29 2008, 08:20 PM']Hi I have a Ford Focus 2005 1.8 LX TDCI, And have just changed my windscreen for a heated windscreen, I have fitted a relay, switch and two 40 amp fuses, and all the wiring is there but can not get it working, someone told me that I need to get it programed to use the heated windscreen,,, Can any one tell me if this is right..

Thanks[/quote]
as it is controlled by the gem module you will need the gem module programming as it wont be set up for heated front windscreen
alz
[quote name='ade123' post='7161' date='Nov 8 2008, 04:09 PM']as it is controlled by the gem module you will need the gem module programming as it wont be set up for heated front windscreen[/quote]

Thanks 'ade123' I will see if i can get someone to do the programming for me...
alz
ford say that you can not program the gem to make the heated front windscreen work if it is after market fit,,cost me 90 to find this out..looks like I will have to do it my self, come to far to quit now..
alz
Did it my self in the end, a lot of rewiring and a timer relay, also used ford heated windsreen switch and it works great..
skyman
Hi Alz,

Just found your post.

I'm keen to do this conversion myself on a Fiesta. There seems to be more to it than meets the eye. How is it that programming is involved? And also how did you manage the fitting of the new screen and supply of the necessary connectors etc.

In fact I've a number of questions!!

Can we make contact by phone (if that is easier?). Would you be prepared to reply off line to skyguard33-register@yahoo.co.uk with a contact number??

Look forward to hearing - thanks.

Terry

Full Colour Version: heated windscreen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.