Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford 1.8 Diesel Engine (Circa 2000/2001)
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Sam_C
I'm looking for a cheap run-around as my current daily motor is a bit on the expensive to run side.
Current favourite is a 1.8 Diesel Focus estate at about 2000/2001

Are there any common issues with this engine?
Is it likely to blown the HG every 12000 miles like the Rover K series petrol or any such 'orrible gremlins?

Just looking for a heads up on this before I spend the money!

Cheers,
Sam
jeebowhite
The one to watch out for that I know for certain is the instrument cluster, being the owner of a mk2.5 I couldnt say for definite anything else, but the instrument cluster developed a few faults and needed to be replaced for a costly sum!
Sam_C
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1300118277' post='118468']
The one to watch out for that I know for certain is the instrument cluster, being the owner of a mk2.5 I couldnt say for definite anything else, but the instrument cluster developed a few faults and needed to be replaced for a costly sum!
[/quote]
Cheers! I'll be sure to check that.
AliciaBeckman
My best Mate also owns the Same car from last 2 years but he Haven't faced any of such issue yet.
jeebowhite
[quote name='AliciaBeckman' timestamp='1300167385' post='118541']
My best Mate also owns the Same car from last 2 years but he Haven't faced any of such issue yet.
[/quote]

I think the best thing you can do is search this forum for phrases like "1998 Focus" or "Focus MK1" that will bring up a list of things...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.