Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wrong Fluid In Break/clutch Reservoir....please Help
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
angelo123
Hey peeps

Im new and of need of some desperate help. I was topping up my brake/clutch reservoir earlier and just as a poured a cap full of liquid I suddenly realised it was power steering fluid "IDIOT". I then used a syringe and emptied it out the reservior, refilled and repeated the process. I have been reading up on this and have noticed many people saying will destroy my breaks? could anyone please help me out?

Thank you...
fishpond 47
Dont be panicking, only a capfull which you have managed to get out [b]WILL NOT [/b][u][/u]harm the system
stef123
presumably you didnt operate the brakes or the clutch? you will be fine if you haven't..
jeebowhite
Best advice is to drain the system and replace with all fresh fluid, this will remove all possibility (as minor as it is) that any further damage will occur.
mintalkin
power steering fluid attacks the rubber seals in the system,as said above you should be allright if you removed it.just keep an eye on the brakes starting to feel any different, i would not flush the system because this could drag any remnants of the contamination into the wheel clynders or abs unit.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615