Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Focus Rattle - Plz Help!!!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
havinit69
Hi guys, I am hoping someone out there can please help me... I have a 2007 Ford Focus Titanium and I have the most annoying rattle coming from the passenger side dashboard, it starts when I am doing around 50mph and the faster I go the worse it gets. I HAVE to find out what this is because it is driving me insane, I know I can turn the stereo up etc but I would much rather resolve it.
I have taken the glove box out and it is nothing obvious, I am certain that its coming from inside the car and certain that its coming from the top left hand corner of the dashboard.
I have noticed that a few people have this problem and the answer as to what it is must be out there... Please help !!!
jeebowhite
Rattles are never uncommon, nor are they fun to listen to, however quite often they are just something so simple!

Some owners have found tools in there dashboard / steering column from the factory, others a pen that has slipped. Sometimes the rattle can be more like a bearing problem or something a little more serious. If you have removed the glovebox, and the rattle is still present, can you pin it down to the fuseboard? I have seen before in my own car, one of the relays wasnt secured in, so driving at speed and vibration caused this to rattle.

Otherwise, it may be worth investigating the vents? is one of the vent mecahnisms loose? can be anything from the front plastics are not in to the vent closure unit is loose. so remove the dash vents and take it for another run.

Will be interesting to see how this goes!

Full Colour Version: Ford Focus Rattle - Plz Help!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615