Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie Alert
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > New Member Introductions
Havry
Hi all,

My name is Harvy, live in Weston.

I don't actually own a ford, I own a turbo diesel Megane and a Mk1 Clio track car.

However, I am about to undertake some work on my other half's mothers car. an x reg 1.2 fiesta.

The clutch has gone on it, so I will be replacing the clutch plate, pressure plate thrust release bearing and the concentric slave cylinder.

I have done quite a lot of work on several different makes of car. Lots of work on Clios and I am very proficient at that. I will undertake work on other French cars quite happily too. most recently I did an engine change on a toyota hilux. so i am pretty handy with a spanner shall we say. I would merely like some insight and advice as to the best way of changing the clutch on the fiesta, ie, should i take the engine out or can it be done in the bay quite easily? is it worth buying a Haynes manual, commonly referred to in the Renault field as the book of lies due to its majorly flawed content, before I start work.

Any advice would help.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy
Havry
I love the fact that I spent my own name wrong in my display name, would a mod kindly correct it from 'Havry' to 'Harvy', thanks
dezwez
[quote name='Havry' timestamp='1300413566' post='118973']
I love the fact that I spent my own name wrong in my display name, would a mod kindly correct it from 'Havry' to 'Harvy', thanks
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"][size="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Hi welcome[/font][/size][/color] :)

Full Colour Version: Newbie Alert
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.