Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: S Max Rear Seat Removal
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford S-Max Club
Frazer7
I have a seven seat 07 S Max 2.0 Titanium. I've been trying to remove the third row seats (6&7) but can't work it out. The manual doesn't seem to tell me how. I must be pretty stupid, but can somebody please tell me how to remove these seats? Advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Frazer
They are not designed to be removed - they fold flat into the floor.
If you want to physically remove them I would imagine they're bolted to the chassis with large Torx bolts. as thats how the other seats are installed.

Why do you want to remove them?
Frazer7
[quote name='137699' timestamp='1300955317' post='119826']
They are not designed to be removed - they fold flat into the floor.
If you want to physically remove them I would imagine they're bolted to the chassis with large Torx bolts. as thats how the other seats are installed.

Why do you want to remove them?
[/quote]

Simply to make more luggage space - and because when it was sold to me that was one of the selling features (as in remove and re-fit between jouorneys). I realise now they are not removable in that manner: it's not a problem though, I'm quite happy to leave them in and live with it.
sparewheel
Another rear set of seats issue... The mechanism connected to red-strap used to collapse one of the seats is broken. I can lift the seat, but not close it. The only way I can do it is to fiddle with a screwdriver to force the catch to release), which is not quick, nor safe as I could dig into plastic any time if not careful.

I think, I might just need to re-wind the strap so that the spring-loaded mechanism is tensioned, but no idea how to access it - any suggestions would be appreciated!

Full Colour Version: S Max Rear Seat Removal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615