Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Heated Front Windscreen - Broken Connector?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Woman Driver
[color="#FF00FF"]Hi, I'm new to the forum and hope someone can help - i've seen similar posts, but nothing that answers my specific question.

The heated windcreen on my Focus does not work at all on the drivers side. Dealer was going to replace under warranty - then realised that it was not the original screen (must have been replaced before I bought it).

So hubby took a look yesterday only to find the connector to the driver's side appears broken. One end looks like a thin flat piece of paper, with a circuit in it - looks like it has been torn and pinched by something.

So my question is - can I replace this - or is this 'papery' connector something that is supplied with the screen?

Thank you![/color]
johnH
from other threads it looks like your windscreen will need replacing altogether...unfortunatly i dont think your insurance wont cover it unless the glass is bust...then you may have a fight to get a heated winscreen.
Woman Driver
[quote name='johnH' timestamp='1300717672' post='119441']
from other threads it looks like your windscreen will need replacing altogether...unfortunatly i dont think your insurance wont cover it unless the glass is bust...then you may have a fight to get a heated winscreen.
[/quote]

Thanks - I was worried that might be the case, and did wonder whether if the glass 'broke' the insurance co. would replace like for like - so annoying as the dealer had even ordered in the screen and was ready to fit it when they decided it wasn't the original. It was only a year old when I bought it - my bad luck that it had already been replaced - and badly by the look of things.
RCJ
i bet you'd be gutted if you "mysteriously" chipped/smashed your windscreen! But i suppose thats what insurance is for... hint
johnH
yeah it rains bricks in my local area :P
jeebowhite
The good news is you are not alone!!!

I recently had my windscreen replaced after I accidentally parked my car in someone elses boot. Long and short is that the windscreen ribbon appears to be damaged also. the windscreen company came out, advised the problem and took the part away. they soldered a few bits here and there, and are going to refit the part on Sunday - I could give an answer as to if it worked or not then, but for now, it seems you can do something with it!
Woman Driver
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1300724087' post='119459']
The good news is you are not alone!!!

I recently had my windscreen replaced after I accidentally parked my car in someone elses boot. Long and short is that the windscreen ribbon appears to be damaged also. the windscreen company came out, advised the problem and took the part away. they soldered a few bits here and there, and are going to refit the part on Sunday - I could give an answer as to if it worked or not then, but for now, it seems you can do something with it!
[/quote]

Glad to hear I might not be alone! Will be interested to hear what happens when you get the part refitted - otherwise it could be the brick - although will probably wait til autumn as I can live without it til them - and I might genuinely need a new one in the meantime :)
jeebowhite
[quote name='Woman Driver' timestamp='1300726711' post='119465']
Glad to hear I might not be alone! Will be interested to hear what happens when you get the part refitted - otherwise it could be the brick - although will probably wait til autumn as I can live without it til them - and I might genuinely need a new one in the meantime :)
[/quote]

Yeah I will let you know when they replace the part on Sunday, will do a few tests hopefully before they go! otherwise, I heard that a tap of a screwdriver with a "persuader" (rubber mallet!) underneath the bonnet line can be an indication of a "minor" accident, wouldnt it be a shame if it needed replacing...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615