Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fan Stopped Suddenly
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Fusion Club
mazdil
can anyone suggest what could have caused the blower inside my fusion to just stop working, I checked the fuse and the relay by swapping them with a working equal one , but it still wont work, it heas been squealing ever since it was new incidentally.
pete121
Yep, It sounds like, you need a new resitor pack... (about £20) from ford, just go to your main dealer and they'll probably have one in stock. It is relatively easy to fit... go to drivers side footwell and look up and toward the centre of the car behind the dash board you'll see the connector block,mounted on the engine bulkhead, unplug the faulty unit and plug in a new one... job done!... a very common fault on these cars. good luck.
mazdil
[quote name='mazdil' timestamp='1300909466' post='119788']
can anyone suggest what could have caused the blower inside my fusion to just stop working, I checked the fuse and the relay by swapping them with a working equal one , but it still wont work, it heas been squealing ever since it was new incidentally.
[/quote]
thanks pete , thats a really great help, cheers. Update only I got a new unit, but cant find where it goes,do I need to dismantle the dashboard? the only one i could see was a different colour, and shape , the part Ive been given is labelled regulator asy ht, :(
mazdil
[quote name='mazdil' timestamp='1301704208' post='121196']
thanks pete , thats a really great help, cheers. Update only I got a new unit, but cant find where it goes,do I need to dismantle the dashboard? the only one i could see was a different colour, and shape , the part Ive been given is labelled regulator asy ht, :(.
[/quote]
mazdil
well if turned out my blower motor had gone, had to get a new one fitted, it cost me 305 pounds, :o :(

Full Colour Version: Fan Stopped Suddenly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.