Taken from the advertising banner
[color="#0000FF"]FOC SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIP, for a minimal fee the FOC Supporter member will enjoy unlimited access to the forums and a magical feeling of warmth for contributing towards, and being a part of an exclusive club.
FOC Supporter Membership costs just £10.00 per year!
[b]* Unlimited access to post within all of our public forums[/b]
* Lesser Adverts
* Access to our supporter moderation free forum area (activated upon subscription) Great for club banter!
* Larger PM storage box from 100 to 10,000 PM messages
* Attachments in PM's
* Invite other users in to PM conversations
* Ability to email more members through the forums
* 10 Gallery Albums
* Edit own topic titles and descriptions
* Personalise your Profile background
* Ability to upload files/images into forum posts (100 meg)
* Small flood control limits when searching
* FOC Supporters Badge in your posts to show your a proud supporter of FOC
* Use of our Buy & Sell section and (private sellers only...no traders please)
* Club Sticker for your Ford!
* A warm and comforting glow from knowing that you are not only a member of an exclusive club - but that you are also actively contributing to the success of the club. [/color]
Some observations on my part:
Now when I joined this Forum back in October 2009, it was hardly buzzing in the Focus section, but it seems to have picked up steam of late, and I notice traffic is attracting advertisers and the revenue it brings.And I'm pleased for the owners that their work is being appreciated.
Of course site owners don't make forums popular, that's down to the supportive forum members that field the enquiries that are posted on the boards. And thereby hopefully encourage those that first come seeking advice,then decide they like the banter and they themselves become active posters. Because websites are all about TRAFFIC, if you don't have traffic you don't have anything.
All I can say is I left the FFOC because I consider I contribute via my postings. What I'm saying is, if in the future I will be expected to pay to post or view the forums................it will be
Whilst it has not been intimated on the site owners part, that it could in the future become a fee paying forum. I would still be interested to hear other members view points if it were to happen. And I suspect the site administrators would also be interested in knowing current members opinions on the subject.