Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plastic Strip On Rear Mondeo Bumper
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Marben
Hi. I want to fit sparking sensors on my Mondeo Titanium (early 2007)- I have seen somewhere that there may be holes under the black plastic strip that are made for sensors. But how do you remove that strip so that I can have a look? Thanks.
archie2000
[quote name='Marben' timestamp='1301006006' post='119954']
Hi. I want to fit sparking sensors on my Mondeo Titanium (early 2007)- I have seen somewhere that there may be holes under the black plastic strip that are made for sensors. But how do you remove that strip so that I can have a look? Thanks.
[/quote]

You don't need to remove it, just have a feel behind it and you should be able to make out a raised edge circle and I think a small dimple in the middle. The four locations are to the left and to the right of the two middle slots, and just level with the rear reflectors.
You should be able to drill out the two middle ones and the right hand one from underneath the car, but the left hand one is obstructed by the exhaust. Try and push a bradawl type tool through from the back to make a small hole which you can then drill from the outside.

See my attached pic
Marben
Hi

Thanks for that but my Mondeo is Mk 3 so things are a bit different. I was considering fitting a set of the cheapie ones you find on Ebay. Do these things fit Ok on a curved surface?
archie2000
[quote name='Marben' timestamp='1301075908' post='120064']
Hi

Thanks for that but my Mondeo is Mk 3 so things are a bit different. I was considering fitting a set of the cheapie ones you find on Ebay. Do these things fit Ok on a curved surface?
[/quote]

Ah, sorry. I had them in my mk3 Ghia, but they where factory fitted into a black strip around the bumper.
Try looking on this forum too; http://www.talkford.com/forum/89-ford-mondeo-mk3-2000-2007/

I fitted these;
http://www.parkingsensors.co.uk/dolphin_audio_reversing_sensors.asp

A lot dearer than some on ebay, but they have a lifetime guarantee, and the support from parkingsensors.co.uk is superb
btmaldon
The eBay ones come with angled washers, so they can cope with angles. They also come with the hole cutter, so as long as you check there is nothing behind where you are fitting them, you will be OK.
I have fitted these on numerous cars, and they work fine without any problems. Just make sure you get a good earth connection and a good connection to the power going to the reversing light.
Marben
Thanks guys for all your help. I will probably buy the ones from parkingsensors as the support is probably more important than saving a few quid. I am going to post a new topic to see if I can find someone who has fitted them into the rear plastic moulding strip - I don't think it is wide enough so it will be interesting to see if anyone has managed it. Thanks again for your help.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.