Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Over-Revving Mk2
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Bianconero
Hi all,

Had the Focus a couple of weeks now and the high idling has calmed down, initially idles at around 1000rpm but soon drops to around 750 which is ok. The car had been on a forecourt for a while so I guess that might have something to do with it.

However it seems to over-rev while driving. It's a 2007 1.6 auto and in 1st its ok but from 2nd gear upwards I can only describe it as the car running away from me. When I take my foot off the accelerator its still on 1200+ revs and doesn't slow down at all, makes my normal late braking a bit fun lol! Once I brake and came to a stop the revs drop back to 750. Any easy things I can do to get it to rev normally or should I just take it back to where I bought it from for them to sort out under warranty?

Thanks for any advice.
artscot79
[quote name='Bianconero' timestamp='1301143516' post='120170']
Hi all,

Had the Focus a couple of weeks now and the high idling has calmed down, initially idles at around 1000rpm but soon drops to around 750 which is ok. The car had been on a forecourt for a while so I guess that might have something to do with it.

However it seems to over-rev while driving. It's a 2007 1.6 auto and in 1st its ok but from 2nd gear upwards I can only describe it as the car running away from me. When I take my foot off the accelerator its still on 1200+ revs and doesn't slow down at all, makes my normal late braking a bit fun lol! Once I brake and came to a stop the revs drop back to 750. Any easy things I can do to get it to rev normally or should I just take it back to where I bought it from for them to sort out under warranty?

Thanks for any advice.
[/quote]

could be many things doesnt sound like an idle control valve sounds like the throttle is sticking open which can happen if someone has been fiddling with the throttle stop screw they do this to make the car idle a bit higher certainly summat you need looked at

Full Colour Version: Over-Revving Mk2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615