Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Warning Light On - Car Bunny Hopping
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
jon200
Hi,

Looking for a bit of advice with my 2004 Mondeo. The engine warning light has come on, and the bunny hops while driving, i can reach about 60mph (while bunny hopping) before the warning light starts to flash, when i have to reduce down to about 50mph to stop it flashing.

Does anyone have any idea what it may be? I'm trying to source a garage at the moment, i'm not keen on Ford main dealer as i've heard they have a reputation for ripping people off.

The other problem is that i have no other mode of transport so may have to keep driving it in the meantime.
mintalkin
petrol, diesel,1.8,2.0 ?
jon200
Sorry, its a 1.8 petrol.

[quote name='mintalkin' timestamp='1301214197' post='120249']
petrol, diesel,1.8,2.0 ?
[/quote]
mintalkin
it could be so many things, plugs,leads,coil pack,fuel filter,injectors ect,best thing to do is get the codes read so you have an idear of the problem is,any local garage should be cheaper than fords.
jon200
Ended up being the coil pack.

Phoned The AA in the end to get the error code, and he had the part in the van, so just bought it from them. Probably overpriced, but for pure convenience it seemed to be the way to go.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.