Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Easy Is It To Change A Rear Wheel Bearing?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
clubriza
Hi,

I have a Ford Focus MK1 2ltr T reg which makes a werrring noise from the rear. When Im driving the noise disapears when turning left.
I suspect it to be the wheel bearing so I jacked up the rear and checked for movement - None but the n/s was a lot noiser when spinning it.
Last year I changed the rear discs, pads & calipers (which also do the handbrake)

How easy is it to replace the rear wheel bearings?
would i need to use a press?
I can get a new wheel bearing for £20.70 from sutton auto factors

Thanks

Michael
stef123
[quote name='clubriza' timestamp='1301307455' post='120441']
Hi,

I have a Ford Focus MK1 2ltr T reg which makes a werrring noise from the rear. When Im driving the noise disapears when turning left.
I suspect it to be the wheel bearing so I jacked up the rear and checked for movement - None but the n/s was a lot noiser when spinning it.
Last year I changed the rear discs, pads & calipers (which also do the handbrake)

How easy is it to replace the rear wheel bearings?
would i need to use a press?
I can get a new wheel bearing for 20.70 from sutton auto factors

Thanks

Michael
[/quote]

i have done many focus wheel bearings, a press is required for this. ive seen rear focus bearings take 10t to shift them.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.