Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hissing From Collapsed Hose
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
andy_1984
i heard a hissing coming from the engine bay when tinkering with the engine running and managed to trace ot back to this hose, it has collapsed and has a small hole that when plugged the hissing stops but still collapsed. does anyone know what hose it is so i can get a replacement.

also if known what problems/symptoms would the car have with this collapsed & punctured hose

the green line indicates how far along(left to right) the hose goes until it connects to a small plastic tube but cant see it very well because of the manifold.

[img]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m202/andy_1984/name_that_hose.jpg[/img]

Cheers,

Andy
H3lly
If you are referring to the hose behind the manifold then it is the PCV (positive crankshaft ventilation) tubing. There is a valve attached to the far right tubing. It should be under 20 to replace these parts from ford.
andy_1984
cant find any pcv hoses that look like the on in it currently. they all also look too long ?
artscot79
[quote name='andy_1984' timestamp='1301316905' post='120453']
cant find any pcv hoses that look like the on in it currently. they all also look too long ?
[/quote]

pcv should be available from ford you cant find many anywhere else
andy_1984
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1301343287' post='120506']
pcv should be available from ford you cant find many anywhere else
[/quote]

yeah ive discovered that. pia so it is not even on ebay :angry:

Full Colour Version: Hissing From Collapsed Hose
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.