Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Central Locking Nightmare!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
fiesta2006
My 2006 5dr Fiesta has a fault with the central locking that prevents the passenger door from opening. The key fob operates the other 3 doors and the tailgate OK. The passenger door can't even be opened from inside the car. I've tried taking out the central locing fuse but the passenger door still wouldn't open. Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong and how I might be able to fix it?
mercerft
I had a problem sort of like this on my old Focus. When using the central locking the passenger door would lock and unlock itself. Would be fine locking manually. It turned out to be the central locking motor. Does yours unlock manually from that door? I suspect the motor maybe be jammed.
fiesta2006
[quote name='mercerft' timestamp='1301402486' post='120596']
I had a problem sort of like this on my old Focus. When using the central locking the passenger door would lock and unlock itself. Would be fine locking manually. It turned out to be the central locking motor. Does yours unlock manually from that door? I suspect the motor maybe be jammed.
[/quote]
No I can't open it at manually at all.
Does anyone know how to remove the inside panel so I can gain access to the lock? How easy is this to do without being able to open the door?

Full Colour Version: Central Locking Nightmare!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.