Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please Help 02 Tdci Heater Fault
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Si billingham
Hey guys, I hope somebody can help me as I am at a bit of a loss now.

I have an 02 Focus 1.8 TDCi, last week the heaters decided to start playing up, not blowing hot air into the cabin, so up to now I have replaced the thermostat, replaced the water pump and the auxiliary drive belt,I have removed every water pipe and flushed them through, flushed the heater matrix out twice, put it all back together, topped her up with coolant and bled the system of air, now I only get hot air out of the heater when the car is being driven, as soon as you let off the revs the heat drops down to being just luke warm. All the pipes get hot the car has never overheated and I am stumped now. Please somebody help me, I know its not the end of the world but I have spent the last 4 or 5 nights messing about with it and I'm going to end up putting a hammer through the windows pretty soon :angry:
Tanktop3
hi have you tryed the heater control knob cable. i have just had my 58 focus heater just blowing out cold air and as luck would have it, the works van had the same thing and it was a ford, and that was the cable. so i try that first and the cable at the heat control knob had just kinked. so i strighte it out and now working ok hope this helps you.
Si billingham
Hi mate, yea I have had all that in bits today, everything seemed to be in order, I have done a sniff test and a pressure test today aswell, all was well with that, so now I am at a complete loss :angry:
johnH
im not sure if this is relevant to fords but on another forum users complained of similar faults and blamed the blower motor or a resistor in the dash somewhere.

i can find the location but its in a different manufacturer vehicle so a little hunting will be needed.
Si billingham
I have already changed the heater resistor before Christmas, when that fails it stops the blower motor working on setting 1 2 and 3. So its not that because it all works.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.