Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Keys
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
turboace
One of the keys to our 05 plate Mondeo has will not blip the lock anymore. It had been working intermittently and this morning our Ford garage replaced the battery and now it doesn't work at all. They tested it and reported that the sender in the key had failed (our other key works perfectly). I'm told a new sender is 50 plus 60 for programming. 110 seems a lot. Is there a cheaper was to achieve the same end?
mike4369
[quote name='turboace' post='7163' date='Nov 8 2008, 05:27 PM']One of the keys to our 05 plate Mondeo has will not blip the lock anymore. It had been working intermittently and this morning our Ford garage replaced the battery and now it doesn't work at all. They tested it and reported that the sender in the key had failed (our other key works perfectly). I'm told a new sender is 50 plus 60 for programming. 110 seems a lot. Is there a cheaper was to achieve the same end?[/quote]
Look on e Bay but make sure you get the right part number (its stamped on the plastic on the inside of the blip where the 2 halves join key end). Once you get a blip the programming is a doddle.
Since reading this I've seen a post whith the same problem which turned out to be the battery contcacts in the blip needing to be bent up to make better contact, its unusual for a remote to stop working all of a sudden so a simple check may cure the prob.
turboace
[quote name='mike4369' post='7695' date='Nov 24 2008, 05:19 PM']Look on e Bay but make sure you get the right part number (its stamped on the plastic on the inside of the blip where the 2 halves join key end). Once you get a blip the programming is a doddle.
Since reading this I've seen a post whith the same problem which turned out to be the battery contcacts in the blip needing to be bent up to make better contact, its unusual for a remote to stop working all of a sudden so a simple check may cure the prob.[/quote]

Thansk

Do the programming instructions come with the blip?
mike4369
[quote name='turboace' post='8024' date='Dec 2 2008, 08:35 PM']Thansk

Do the programming instructions come with the blip?

No but its in the handbook or available at [url="http://www.fordmondeo.org/wiki/index.php/PATS_Key_%26_Keyless_Entry_Programming"]http://www.fordmondeo.org/wiki/index.php/P...try_Programming[/url][/quote]

Full Colour Version: Keys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615