Hi all, just wanted to clear something up in here as I am a little confused with some different answers I have seen about certain things.

I currently drive a 2008 1.8 zetec and am getting around 30-32mpg at best from it, on a mix of in town and country roads However I am now starting to do more miles and was looking at going to a diesel for the first time as I am currently doing 180-200 miles at 40 a week. I had test driven the 1.6 tdci zetec and the 1.8tdci zetec and didnt really notice a difference on the power/pulling ability on the test drive I took, however I am arranging to do a much longer/thorough one during the week. I just want to know if anyone else has noticed any shortfalls of the 1.6 in this department, and the average mpg you are getting out of your cars.

Also after reading numerous posts/threads about the DPF, I am now currently thinking of staying well away from it, and want to make sure I am right in saying the 1.8 does not have one. I am looking at getting a 57/08/58 reg car.

Any help would be appreciated. I have looked at the other posts and just want to be 100% sure in my thinking as the DPF posts are all negative.

Thanks Sam