Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stereo
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
gmacgillivray
Just bought a 2002 mondeo which I love driving. Would love to get a 6 cd changer am I better sticking to a ford stereo or does the sony model I keep seeing on ebay work in my car. Also my son wants to know if its possible to get bluetooth fitted. Ta
Lenny
[quote name='gmacgillivray' timestamp='1302592215' post='122577']
Just bought a 2002 mondeo which I love driving. Would love to get a 6 cd changer am I better sticking to a ford stereo or does the sony model I keep seeing on ebay work in my car. Also my son wants to know if its possible to get bluetooth fitted. Ta
[/quote]
Hi Gmacgillivray
Welcome to the forum, hope you find many solutions and share experience, may I recommend the Parrot MKI9100 Bluetooth kit, best system on the market, just had one installed in a passat by Halfords and it really is plug and play, especially when you buy the ISO conversion lead you don’t have to snip any cables in the car as the ISO lead acts like a filter between the stereo and loon bridging the connections and tapping the cables it requires for its self,
the parrot system uses your existing speakers as the ear piece and will automatically mute the radio and use the driver’s door speaker in the event of an incoming call, it is also voice activated, automatically updates and stores your phonebook directory each time you get in to the car,
It also has Iphone, IPod USB and Headphone plug, jacks so you can connect any type of mp3 player and play it through all the speakers in your car adjusting the sound as normal on your existing stereo, this feature may result in you not needing to upgrade to a six cd changer,
The control unit is also wireless so no need to drill the dash as it comes with various mounting applications, and the screen unit around the size of a lighter has a small cable coming from the bottom centre and also comes with various mounting brackets, hope this helps.
P.S I don’t work for parrot or Halfords :ph34r: ; I just know they’re a good system and credit where credit is due. I would post a link to a parrot MKi9100 kit on e-bay to give you an idea but I have been accused before of ‘’plugging’’ my own items from e-bay on the forum :lol: if you do decide to go for this option I sincerely recommend buying the parrot ford Iso cable costs around 15pounds and saves cutting any cables

Full Colour Version: Stereo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.