Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Focus
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
sirmally2
Hello All,

Just got myself a new focus and it is a beautiful car to drive. But i do have a few questions about it and hoping you guys can help out.

As standard they come with Aux In and USB connection, I plugged in my ipod using the USB, it accepts it, knows its there and no sound comes out. Do i need an audio cable plugged into the headphone socket and into the aux in to get the sound out or is that just really stupid?

Secondly, im looking for some car mats for it, and want official ford mats. Only i do not know if they are the same as the ones on the older model, or have been changed.

Your help is appreciated :-D
adzmcp
You also need to plug a aux cable in for the sound or buy the Y cable that Ford do. Also the mats have changed so if you want actual ones that are designed to fit then you need a full set
jeebowhite
[quote name='sirmally2' timestamp='1302631665' post='122646']
Hello All,

Just got myself a new focus and it is a beautiful car to drive. But i do have a few questions about it and hoping you guys can help out.

As standard they come with Aux In and USB connection, I plugged in my ipod using the USB, it accepts it, knows its there and no sound comes out. Do i need an audio cable plugged into the headphone socket and into the aux in to get the sound out or is that just really stupid?

Secondly, im looking for some car mats for it, and want official ford mats. Only i do not know if they are the same as the ones on the older model, or have been changed.

Your help is appreciated :-D
[/quote]

I agree with Adzmcp - you need an aux cable (male to male 2.5mm connection cable to plug into the Aux out, and then into the headphone port of the ipod. to my knowledge, you can either use a USB cable to the Ipod, and then use your car controls to move between songs (rather than using the ipods controls).

You may find some sets online, but they may claim to be "New Ford" but they might class the MK2.5 as the "New Ford" meaning you could end up worse off, so Pop to Ford, take a look at the mats, then go hunting on the internet (unless you fancy spending circa 40.00 on mats for the car?)
sirmally2
Thanks for the replies. Got it all lovely and working now... just trying to hunt down some mats without spending a fortune at ford for them
2011fiesta
[quote name='sirmally2' timestamp='1302631665' post='122646']
Hello All,

[b]Just got myself a new focus[/b][/quote]

I love the new focus, especially the interior. Got any pics of your new pride and joy anywhere?
:)

Paul.

Full Colour Version: New Focus
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615