Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Squeaky Boot Lid Noise
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
seamushaha
Hi!

I'm just after purchasing my first car, a Fiesta 05' Zetec, 5 door. I noticed that that a squeaking noise was coming from the boot area and put it down to the spare wheel not being fixed in the boot. However after fixing the wheel back in again, the noise still seems to be there. Would anyone out there know how to fix this?

Many thanks!
jeebowhite
[quote name='seamushaha' timestamp='1302646240' post='122677']
Hi!

I'm just after purchasing my first car, a Fiesta 05' Zetec, 5 door. I noticed that that a squeaking noise was coming from the boot area and put it down to the spare wheel not being fixed in the boot. However after fixing the wheel back in again, the noise still seems to be there. Would anyone out there know how to fix this?

Many thanks!
[/quote]

Are you sure the noise is inside the boot, or is it possibly outside near the wheels? if you empty everything from the boot (including the boot liner and Parcel shelf, and the noise still persists, there will be something underneath the car that is causing the noise, could be suspension, bushings...

Full Colour Version: Squeaky Boot Lid Noise
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.