Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mondeo St
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > New Member Introductions
boydieboy
hi all just bought my first ever ford and cant believed what i missed iknow badge snobbery BUT NO MORE have just bought a st 2.2 and wow great drive if anyone knows about these plese reply as i havent a clue about them wanted better milage and i have that and some hope to speak to you lot soon oh it a 05 bye
mintalkin
i presume its a tdci so a few things to watch out for,

aux belt and tensioner - if worn this will make a drumming noise when at tickover

injectors - these can loose there code leading to poor running and noise

egr valve - these can become clogged and then start to stick open or closed,they can be cleaned here is a link - http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=EGR_Valve_and_Inlet_Manifold_Clearout_TDCi

dual mass flywheel - any noise from the clutch area or when the clutch pedal is pressed could be the start of a failing dmf
dezwez
[quote name='boydieboy' timestamp='1302700422' post='122741']
hi all just bought my first ever ford and cant believed what i missed iknow badge snobbery BUT NO MORE have just bought a st 2.2 and wow great drive if anyone knows about these plese reply as i havent a clue about them wanted better milage and i have that and some hope to speak to you lot soon oh it a 05 bye
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"][size="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Hi welcome[/font][/size][/color] :)
stef123
welcome to the forum mate :)

I also have a mondeo st tdci, absolutely cracking car!

mine is suffering from a slightly noisy crank pulley/aux belt tensioner but im going to see to this shortly.

Full Colour Version: Mondeo St
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.