Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yet Another Cambelt Query!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
ddsdavey
Hi guys,recently purchased aan 03' Zetec,loving it.Its got approx 68.500 on the clock and im debating a Cambelt change,i know most may feel thats crazy but i thought since ive just got it that a fresh start etc or is it just plain daft to do it given the current milage as ive read its around the 100k region or 5 years.The original owner,1 since new then ME!,dosnt seem to have had it replaced so im thinking although its only at 68.500 that if its never been replaced its still been 7 years since new thus over the 5 year point that ive heard about.
As you can see im a lil ott with me Focus but im thinking im in the right place for such things!
Cheers guys.
taffg
if the belt change is recommended @ 5 years then i would get it done. relatively cheap birthday for your beloved and you get piece of mind :)
ddsdavey
[quote name='taffg' timestamp='1302899832' post='123080']
if the belt change is recommended @ 5 years then i would get it done. relatively cheap birthday for your beloved and you get piece of mind :)
[/quote]
Thanks Taffg,now the second obvious question,given the fact im mechanically BLIND!,whats a fair price to pay (East Midlands/Nottigham) for a Cambelt currently.
Thanks guys.
fully focused
Get it changed.

The manufacturer's recommendation is usually the [i]earlier[/i] of distance or time.

Of the belt snaps, it won't be cheap ...
MrRedman
In Manchester i paid 120 last year at an indie, think the whole kit costs about 60.I did mine at 60k for peace of mind.

Full Colour Version: Yet Another Cambelt Query!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.