Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Clicking
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
colinwatson1980
Hi,

I was sitting in my car at lunch time, with the windows down, and the fans on (not the A/C though)

It's quite a warm day today. So when I finished my lunch I tried to put the windows up by clicking the button, but it would not work automatically, and I had to hold the button. Putting them down was ok by clicking it once.

I then thought I better turn on the engine to see if that was why. When I turned the key the little seatbelt light flashed amber, and all I heard was a clicking. When I took the key out, I could hear some sort of mechanism (sounded a bit like the fan still going when you get out your car, but not as loud)

I have came back in to work and decided that it was over heating and if I leave it until after work it will be fine. But really really worried now. I didn't drive it at lunch time, and haven't driven it since this morning on my way in to work. I have had no other issues with it, and battery appears to still be working fine - Radio, fans, Lights, windows, central locking all working.

Ford Mondeo 06, 5 Door 1.6 litre

Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated. Have I killed my car?

Kind Regards

Colin
mintalkin
it sounds like you have half flattened the battery, using the fans would have taken power from the battery, you have enough power to operate the systems but not enough to start the car.
fishpond 47
[quote name='mintalkin' timestamp='1303222551' post='123519']
it sounds like you have half flattened the battery, using the fans would have taken power from the battery, you have enough power to operate the systems but not enough to start the car.
[/quote]

Have to agree with mintalkin, give your car a jump start and leave it running for a bit, or put your battery on charge (dont forget you'll need your radio code for the second option)
colinwatson1980
[quote name='fishpond 47' timestamp='1303539688' post='123971']
Have to agree with mintalkin, give your car a jump start and leave it running for a bit, or put your battery on charge (dont forget you'll need your radio code for the second option)
[/quote]

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. I started it an hour later and it worked fine. I was well worried. Next time I will just sit outside and listen to the radio on my phone in the good weather :)

Thanks again

Colin

Full Colour Version: Engine Clicking
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.