Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Noisy Air Con
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
unofon
I have a Focus 1.8 tdci on a 03 plate 100400 mls
On starting there is a very loud ratting that sounds like its coming from the air con pump I have changed the tenioner and pulley
Will a belt from a none air con fit? in order to eliminate the noise? its onl on starting
artscot79
[quote name='unofon' timestamp='1303323935' post='123703']
I have a Focus 1.8 tdci on a 03 plate 100400 mls
On starting there is a very loud ratting that sounds like its coming from the air con pump I have changed the tenioner and pulley
Will a belt from a none air con fit? in order to eliminate the noise? its onl on starting
[/quote]

if its rattling it will need a new pump the belt wont do anything to change that
unofon
I was going to fit a belt for a non air con and by pass the pump
artscot79
[quote name='unofon' timestamp='1303332163' post='123720']
I was going to fit a belt for a non air con and by pass the pump
[/quote]

you could do that yes or replace with a 2nd hand pump its easily changeable youreself then all you need is a regass if there are no metallic particles in the system a simple bypass of the pump will work but may make the car unusually steamy inside during colder months

Full Colour Version: Noisy Air Con
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615