Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6000Cd & Handsfree Question
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Minart
Hi there. I recently bought a Zetec 1.8 Focus, it came with a 6000CD and handsfree kit built in (with the controls on a stalk on the steering wheel).
I'd really like to change the stereo (http://imganuncios.mitula.net/ford_6000cd_player_93214002684100543.jpg) - I've seen fascia's that'll do nicely but do I need a certain type of stereo so that I'll be able to pair handsets (etc) again, as the head unit (pictured) has the answer and menu buttons.

Also - (and I apologise for the n00bness of this one!) - would the replacement stereo need to have bluetooth in, and do I need to buy any extra cables for the stalk controls to operate?

Thanks in advance :-)

- Martin
Lenny
[quote name='Minart' timestamp='1303649745' post='124131']
Hi there.

would the replacement stereo need to have bluetooth in, and do I need to buy any extra cables for the stalk controls to operate?

Thanks in advance :-)

- Martin
[/quote]
Hi Martin,
Welcome to the site, the only cheap and 100% compatible upgrade for your care would be the Sony/ford stereo,
As you will have to purchase a conversion kit for the stalk to work with your new stereo
Conversion kit for the rear of the stereo
Conversion of the dash piece
and a completely new Bluetooth kit as the system you have only works with fords range of stereos and the Bluetooth receiver is behind your glove box which is pointless carrying in the car if the stereo doesn’t use it,
If you do decide to upgrade to a singe din after market stereo with all considered much respect mate :)
johnH
its a simple thing to do to replace the headunit with an aftermarket.

im currently selling all the things you need along with the headunit. its a Sony MEXBT2600, single din, bluetooth and aux port on front. you can see pictures on google easily. it will come with the facia adaptor and cables to get the stalk working. all for £120.

but anyways if you decide go for another, you can get the facias from halfords or the net. the cables to get the stalk working are called pc99-x55 (for focus 2005+ mk2) and you will need the relevant patch lead pc99-son (for sony) pc99-ken (kenwood).

hope this helps
Minart
Hi guys, thanks for the replies - given me something to think about. I'll post back and let you know how it pans out (and in case anyone else has the similar problem)

- Martin

Full Colour Version: 6000Cd & Handsfree Question
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.