Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arm Rest Broke
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
grabster
Son has a 1.6 ghia 2002 and leaned on the arm rest,snapping noise and obviously broken,raised it back up but now it wont go back down.

Had a nosey but cant see anything obvious.
I assume that whatever is broken is inside the drivers seat and not the rest ?
jeebowhite
More likely to be within the arm rest itself (centre console area) possibly the hinges.

I had this a few times and found sometimes I had something small stuck between the armrest and the hinge, so small that I didnt notice it, and after a few days, I finally found it. Was only a tiny piece of plastic, seems to have broken off from a pen!
grabster
Still not got it sorted but had a nosey again and the plastic ring,circular bit that goes into the side of the seat looks like its cracked and split so gonna look around for an arm rest to test but gotta feeling that they are pretty hard to get hold of.
jeebowhite
Probably a scrappy is your best bet!
grabster
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1304668502' post='125909']
Probably a scrappy is your best bet!
[/quote]

Maybe time for the coat with the big pockets i think. :ph34r:
jeebowhite
make sure you go in looking as padded as you do on your way out! lol :P

Good luck

Full Colour Version: Arm Rest Broke
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615