Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Is My Focus Hunting?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
daisylou
please help....my 54 plate focus has had 2 coil packs, sparks and leads then eventually 2 valves which finally resolved the problem of it hunting when stationary, now 2 months on engine management light is back on and hunting again!! its previously been on diagnostic machine and had compression check. why has problem returned and what could be the cause? open to suggestions!!
mintalkin
it could be many things,air leak on vac pipe,iscv playing up(idle speed controlled valve) or a lambarda sensor,get the codes read this should point you in the right direction.
spikeymj
[quote name='daisylou' timestamp='1303832269' post='124436']
please help....my 54 plate focus has had 2 coil packs, sparks and leads then eventually 2 valves which finally resolved the problem of it hunting when stationary, now 2 months on engine management light is back on and hunting again!! its previously been on diagnostic machine and had compression check. why has problem returned and what could be the cause? open to suggestions!!
[/quote]

just a few thing i had with my brothers car when it was doing the same it took me 3months at looking at the car and then i clocked on what it was

1)have you changed the throttle body on the car
if not
take the air intake hose (the bit from air box to engin)off it and have a look when the car is running see if it is letting air in
if it has been changed it could be the wrong one
just a few things to look at be4 you change anything that costs to much

Full Colour Version: Why Is My Focus Hunting?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.