Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power Steering Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
Jimbob1208
Hi,

I own a Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDI Zetec (2002).

I am getting an unusal noise when I turn the steering wheel and it seems to be coming from the power steering

When I turn the wheel the power steering seems to screech and sounds as though it is under strain. I can also hear this when I go around round abouts etc.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks

Jimbob
mintalkin
low fluid or slipping belt?
stepheno
it could possibly be the pump itself or air bubbles in the oil caused by pourous pipes/unions
mjarvis
Hi,
I was about to ask the same question about my dads car (the same model) He is having the same problem. He also says that the steering fluid is bubbling up overflowing from the reservoir. Is this happening for you too?
I'll let you know if we find out what the problem is.
Michael
stevotddi
hi just replying to mjarvis re noisy power steering i have an 02 tddi with the same problem the noise on mine seems to rise and fall with engine revs so thinking could be pump but will check all hoses for cuts or perish.yet first start of the day it is quiet.

Full Colour Version: Power Steering Problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.