Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Long?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
bpman
My local ford dealer has quoted 2 days to fit a new rear seat and a reversing sensor kit. seems like a long time to me, any idea how long it takes to fit these ?
jeebowhite
2 days sounds too much, maybe 4 hours to fit new rear seats (if its just a swap for swap), and maybe at a push the same to fit the sensors. two days is going to be 5 hours labour, and about 36 hours charging you for the privelage of parking your car on their tarmac!!
Tunny
Less than a half hour to fit seats, a couple hours to fit the sensors maybe. Perhaps they're busy with other work lined up though?
2011fiesta
[quote name='bpman' timestamp='1304451993' post='125598']
My local ford dealer has quoted 2 days to fit a new rear seat and a reversing sensor kit. seems like a long time to me, any idea how long it takes to fit these ?
[/quote]

Can I ask why you're getting new rear seats? (I'm just curious)
jeebowhite
[quote name='Tunny' timestamp='1304858332' post='126230']
Less than a half hour to fit seats, a couple hours to fit the sensors maybe. Perhaps they're busy with other work lined up though?
[/quote]

Your figures are a lot more likely in the real time, but remember this is a dealer :P lol. The only reason I put my times on is the fact that I know what dealers are like, and they never rush... why get a job done for 80, when you can push the poor sod who needs the service doing by someone who knows everything about their car into paying triple that amount at least?

Full Colour Version: How Long?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615