Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Please
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > New Member Introductions
daza1982
hi everyone ,i need help,i have recently purchased a a ford fiesta 1.8 turbo diesel van on a 51 plate, i brought it non start,it had been sitting for 3 months ,the previous owner has put a battery on it with still no start, i have checked all the feeds to the starter and they are ok ,ive also had the starter out and bench tested it in which it was working i just dont know if it has enough umph in it to turn the engine over,ive tried turning the vechile over by hand and it was stiff but i was able to turn it over, i dont know if it was hard as it is a diesel, the sound im getting when turning over is a clicking sound, ive also noticed that the instruments go all the way round and then back to normal is this an earth problem ???????????????
2011fiesta
Welcome to FOC
stef123
Welcome to the forum mate:)

first of all i would clean up the small wire on the starter solenoid.

connect a jump lead from the negative battery terminal to a clean metal part of the engine - this will give you a good earth

Full Colour Version: Help Please
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.