Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starter Makes Noise After Starting
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
buzzbee
I have a 2005 Mondeo TDCi and have had various starter and DMF issues since buying the car. I had the starter replaced about 6 months back and the DMF replaced by a solid flywheel more recently.

Now, I am having more problems. When I turn the key in the ignition, the engine starts immediately, but them immediately makes a worrying noise, before I have let go of the key.

The best way I can describe the noise is this. If you have ever tried turning the ignition when the engine is already running, you often hear a kind of grating noise. This sounds just like that.
stef123
[quote name='buzzbee' timestamp='1305127014' post='126760']
I have a 2005 Mondeo TDCi and have had various starter and DMF issues since buying the car. I had the starter replaced about 6 months back and the DMF replaced by a solid flywheel more recently.

Now, I am having more problems. When I turn the key in the ignition, the engine starts immediately, but them immediately makes a worrying noise, before I have let go of the key.

The best way I can describe the noise is this. If you have ever tried turning the ignition when the engine is already running, you often hear a kind of grating noise. This sounds just like that.
[/quote]

is it possible the starter is not releasing quickly enough?
buzzbee
[quote name='stef123' timestamp='1305134748' post='126784']
is it possible the starter is not releasing quickly enough?
[/quote]
If it is, is that a simple adjustment of some kind, or could it get expensive?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.