Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Warranty
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
jay1981
How long is the warranty on a new ford? I thought is was 3 years, but after looking in the service book it says the warranty is only for 1 year. Does anyone know for sure?
btmaldon
3 years on a new one.
jay1981
Thats what I thought. However, after looking in the service book, it would seem that the base warranty is for one year only. I will have to phone the dealers on this one I think. :o
jeebowhite
1 Year could be the sound system, or corrosion guarantee, they dont tend to live as long as the mechanical side of the warranty.
p38fln
USA fords have warranties like this - How does the UK warranty compare?

1 year / 12,000 miles - wiper blades, wheel alignments, tire balancing, and 100% of tire replacement cost (not including worn out tires), paint damage caused by airborn materials
1 year / unlimited miles - windshield stress cracks (limited coverage)
1 year / 18,000 miles - brake pads and linings
3 years / 36,000 miles - Bumper to bumper & emissions for vehicles under 8,500 lbs GVWR (Everything is covered that isn't a wear item)
5 years / 50,000 miles - Emissions Defects for vehicles between 8,500 and 19,500 lbs GVWR
5 years / 60,000 miles - Transmissions and gasoline-powered engines and drive components, Ford Roadside Assistance Program
5 years / unlimited miles - Corrosion warranty - Sheet metal panels are repaired or replaced if completely rusted-through (perforated)
5 years / 100,000 miles - Diesel engines
8 years / 80,000 miles - Engine Control Unit (ECU), Transmission Control Module (TCM) and any other on-board emissions diagnostic module (Vehicles under 8,500 lbs GVWR only)
jeebowhite
:blink: and we get a pittly 3 years...
jay1981
Phoned the dealer, and it turns out I have a 3 year warranty after all :D
jeebowhite
Maybe we should buy our cars and uinport them from America, since you seem to get up to 8 years cover :P
countryman_uk
Ford warranty is 3 years . but there are a lot of parts covered by one year, i.e a battery only has one year, trim is one year, brakes,disc,clutch only one year, ford are tightening up on warranty claims.
jeebowhite
Another reason Im glad I went with the koreans :)
p38fln
The 8 year / 80,000 mile warranty on emissions components is required by federal law here, all vehicles have that.

5 years / 100,000 miles on diesel engines - you can't get a diesel engine in a Ford here unless it's a F-250 or larger truck, the little diesels aren't available in cars, so the longer warranty on diesels is really just a longer warranty for Ford's larger truck engines.

Ford's 5 year / 60,000 mile warranty came about towards the end of the 1990's - when Ford's American division was putting out such complete crap that they had to back it up with SOMETHING or no one would buy one.

Full Colour Version: Ford Warranty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615