Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Key Battery
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford C-Max Club
wilbyforce
I've owned my 3 year-old C-Max since April this year. For a good few months the remote key fob has worked fine but in the last 2 months I've gone through 2 fob batteries. When the batteries are good the fob works normally. Does anyone know if they can malfunction and drain batteries abnormally quickly?

Many thanks.
Russ
[quote name='wilbyforce' post='7672' date='Nov 24 2008, 11:01 AM']I've owned my 3 year-old C-Max since April this year. For a good few months the remote key fob has worked fine but in the last 2 months I've gone through 2 fob batteries. When the batteries are good the fob works normally. Does anyone know if they can malfunction and drain batteries abnormally quickly?

Many thanks.[/quote]

Anything electrical using batteries can and sometimes do drain the batteries. I have a set of verniers that should auto switch off, the screen goes black as if theyre switching off but within a day or two the batteries are dead. All i can do is replace the battery so it sounds like you 'may' need a new keyfob unfortunately. I'd check the connections first though in the fob.
wilbyforce
[quote name='Russ' post='7697' date='Nov 24 2008, 05:25 PM']it sounds like you 'may' need a new keyfob unfortunately. I'd check the connections first though in the fob.[/quote]
Thanks Russ. :)
c-maxxer
I had a Puma with basically the same key remote. I accidentally went swimming one day with the key in my pocket. After that the battery went flat in a week or so every time I renewed it.

In my case I took the key to pieces, removed the battery and gave the electrical circuits a thorough clean with switch cleaning spray (Servisol). I wiped the key clean, left it overnight, put it back toether and then refitted the battery. the battery then lasted ages.

Worth a try maybe ?
wilbyforce
[quote name='c-maxxer' post='8208' date='Dec 8 2008, 01:57 PM']In my case I took the key to pieces, removed the battery and gave the electrical circuits a thorough clean with switch cleaning spray (Servisol). I wiped the key clean, left it overnight, put it back toether and then refitted the battery. the battery then lasted ages.

Worth a try maybe ?[/quote]
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. It's about 3 weeks since I put a new Energiser battery in and it seems fine. I'm hoping that I've just learned that (IMO) Tesco own brand batteries are rubbish.

Full Colour Version: Key Battery
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.