Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie Needing Help!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
davidquinn
Hi Guys,

I have a 2007 MK2 Focus, it was due for MOT today which is passed thankfully! However let me bring you back to Saturday morning when the car was in to be checked out.

The mechanics couldn't open my bonnet, so after about two hours of fiddling around they had to drill out the lock and do some other tinkering to get it released.

It appears I now need a new bonnet lock cylinder kit which I've been quoted 38 for an 140 for the two hours labour it will supposedly take to change it.

I was told that the lock will need to be built up around the key, so am I thinking is this something that has to be done at a main dealer because to be honest I can't affoard that kind of money to fix the locking mechanism, not at those outrageous labour rates anyway!

Any and all advice would be greatly, greatly appreciated!

Thanks

DQ
Nigel S
It takes less than half an hour to build the lock and then fit to your car. The parts are no more than 50. Get a quote from your local dealer. It's next to impossible for an independent to then try to charge more. They may be trying to fleece you or they may genuinely not know how to do it.

Full Colour Version: Newbie Needing Help!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.